Tuesday 12 December 2023

Books I like to read and listen to

It was challenging to get up to day, and yet I slep well. My son wanted to run off with one of my Christmas jumpers and chuck one of my white bras, so was not happy, but forgetting that had a good day.

I wrote a Book Review, https://mybooksandstories.wordpress.com/2023/12/12/book-review-autumn-2023/

This is my new book available on amazon, it will really make you laugh


It is so good to read, and trying to get my son to do some, now he has gone off it, is challenging. 

As a baby he found it soothing, and loved a bed time story, which he still often does, but not read the book himself.

If you have any recommendations of books to read, then please share. There is a comment box below.

The books I like are comedy, historical and true stories. I do like some children stories and have partly written a kids book, but still got to get that finished. I had read Harry Potter books and found them so good, and love the films too. 

For me what makes a good book, is one that is full of surprises or could be true. I love reading books written around the 40's and 50's, because I find it connects me to my nans and grandads, who were alive then and keeps their memories alive. 

I liked books like Bridget Jones, and Devils Wear Prada. I like self help books, but like to listen to these books via audio, and good to test out the books, as there are some I'd like to buy aswell and have the physcal book, and listen to test, to see if it is good or not, and that really helpful in building my knowledge and understanding, of how to look after the mind and creating habits that are substainable. 

Example, I am currently listening to Atomic Habits, and like it, but will be buying the paperback, as I'd like to mark the tools that I find helpful and if some of what the author suggests is affective, and many of them have activities, that help with making changes in your life, and live happier, and life you feel good about. 

Mel Robbins books the 5 Second Rule and the Hi-five habit, and Tony Robbins are good and have a few in my Library to listen took, and will review once I have started to listen to them, and again if you know of any that you've read that are good, then let me know below. 

So going to relax for the evening and see you in another blog tomorrow. 

Many thanks for reading,


Carrie x 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment