Monday 11 December 2023

Getting organised to have a good Christmas.

So it is start of a new week, and getting nearer to Christmas and feel the anxiety of getting everything together and making sure I get all my gifts wrapped up and got to get a box of Roses, Christmas Crackers and a Parsnip as we are having, my son and his dad, and I and so don't need to get too much food, but that we celebrate in style. You can still do that even on a tight budget. 
Check Charity shops, amazon, where I have bought most of my gifts and on places like Buyagift.com as they have great packages and experiences. 

The Fire place that my husband decorated for This year's Christmas 


It is time to get out my two Christmas jumpers and going to see if I can get another jumper from the Charity shops, that are local to me and by a few CD;'s for my son and record to see if my record player that I want Henry to have, is working and a calendar for him. 

He wrote his letter to Santa, and asked for a helicopter and headphones, well I have told him, that he will have to wait as it is up to Santa. 
I like the fact he acknowledges it, as when he was a baby and even as a toddler wasn't that interested and it has helped the joy of Christmas back as I did lost it for a while. I felt that it was all about companies making money and that it was just a normal day.

As a mum I do think it is important for our kids to experience these occasions, for them to decide on how they see Christmas and build memories of the fun things that Christmas brings. 
I want him to have a nice dinner and watch a film, and go for a walk on Christmas day, as this is one of my favourite things and on boxing day too. 

I love the dinner and it reminds me how thankful I am about it, and having a glass of wine and going to get some Baileys and have another, as I had one over the weekend, a Baileys Coffee. Would recommend. 

So going to end blog here, but will be back blogging tomorrow, and check this blog i wrote on my site, Everyone can build a castle: https://everyonecanbuildacastle.com/2023/12/11/finishing-2023-time-to-let-go-and-create-new-goals-and-habit-life-changes-for-2024/  

Many thanks for reading,

Carrie X 

No comments:

Post a Comment