Monday 25 December 2023

Celebrating Christmas watching films

So it is Christmas day and today has gone so fast and was watching Wizard of Oz. I love old films, and takes me back to my childhood, as I would watch it all of the time. Calamity Jane was another old film I loved, and if there was ever a chance to be in a musical and play a part, it would be to play Calamity Jane. 


Doris Day and Judy Garland were my icons, because they could sing, dance and was effortlessly beautiful. The amount of times I dreamed to be them and imagine myself imitating them, and loved the clothes they wore. 

When it comes to films you can't beat the classics, and now many of them are now musicals, in theatres, and came originally from books. 

Growing up in the 80's there were some good films. I love the Superman films, with Christopher Reeves, who is sadly no longer with us, and Gene Hackman who I thought was a brilliant as Lex Luther, and do have the entire collection some where, and hoping that these will be on, still in the Festive season, and before it ends. 

The Ghost Busters, Three men and the little baby, Dirty Dancing and the films that Madonna had done, Who's that girl and Desperately Seeking Susan. Many singers did films, and the one film I struggle watching is Water Ship down. Rocky 2 I cried, along with Buff the magic dragon. 

Do you remember those. Of course I did watch the die hard films, along with Lethal Weapon and Batman films, and most recently loved the Justice League films and the magnificent Seven. 

Harry Potter, were amazing, as they were so detailed and got as close they could to each book the best they could, who produced and directed the films, with the special effects and my son's favourite films are The Grinch who stole Christmas and Polar Express. 

So going to continue enjoying Christmas day, and I will be blogging again tomorrow, and hope you had a lovely Christmas day and sending all my love to you all.

Many thanks for reading,


Carrie X    


No comments:

Post a Comment