Thursday 14 December 2023

Never too late to learn

So today I went to see my sons Art Exhibition at school and it was really nice to see all the children and Henry's art work. School life is so different now. Not saying that we never did anything when I went to school. We did, like visitng various parks and theatre shows. Would do painting and remember we'd play with paints and stuff to make potions. They are lot more inventive, and really praise kids work now and make an effort, for kids to feel good about themselves. 

Check out this book, my son received for his birthday if your kids love cooking and is an essential skill to learn. 

We have had a hard time with schools, because of finding a good setting, that met his needs, and is his third school, because of the schools feeloing they can't met his needs. He does behave, and had a few instances where clashed with anotther child, but going to see my sons first Church Service, it was so nice and the kids knew all the words of the hymns without using a song sheet, and sounded beautiful. 

I feel I often underestimate Henry and I feel that this has happened in schools, as they need to be heard and be involved in decisions when it comes to school, and that they are happy, and enjoy it. 

For me, I found school hard, and found it hard to make friends, and would sit by myself, and was worried in case Henry was like that, but he is not. He will play by himself but he will join in too with other children and so glad that my son is creating paintings and getting certificates from his music lesson, and get as much out of it as possible, and I admire him so much. 

I have to admit I could have tried a lot better to learn and get more out of school, but you can't turn back and so learning from that, now I am doing online courses, put in the effort and like learning. 

It is good to learn different things and currently doing a Life Coaching course and finished one part of  it and few more sections to go, and can do it in my own time. There are some courses I want to do in terms of writing and spend time watching Youtube to learn from others who write and coach. 

So if you want to go back to school then its never too late and learn what we didn't do at school. Check out Youtube University, which Mel Robbins, who is a Life coaching and has a podcast that have been brilliant in building my knowledge of the mind and how to improve our lives.

I hope you find this blog helpful then please leave feedback and if you have any thoughts and advice on learning and schools. You can leave a comment below. 

Many thanks for reading, 


Carrie X 

No comments:

Post a Comment