Thursday 21 December 2023

Spending time visiting my home town, London

So what a day, and a good day as I finally got a new laptop and all my files are on here and so much better to have one that works sufficiently, and has more storage which was the problem with my other one and feels so better to have one that doesn't crash all the time. I hope I am not tempting fate. 


 love my mum, because she does so much for me and I have not always been a good daughter but going to forget all that and enjoy how we are now, not arguing and be thankful for the roof I have over my head and helps sort my life out. 

We also went to Covent Garden and watched a street entertainer, trying to juggle whilst on a ladder and was very funny, and wish part of me, that I could do that. They were talking about the street acts on the news and I feel that they are part of the London scene, and what Covent Garden is famous for. 

Then we took a bus to Oxford Street and visited Selfridges. We bumped into to Santa in there and my son had a picture taken with him and loved that Henry had a Christmas jumper on, and then I had to find some Turkey for Christmas as my husband couldn't get one, whilst he was shopping and so bought a Joint. 

I would say get your turkeys now as I feel they will sell out and I am traditionalist and no it isn't a crown but a joint will do, and not having to pay a fortune for one. It is one day, so for me, my son and husband, it is perfect. It also means nothing goes to waste. 

So just got a few more presents to wrap, and waiting for another present that should come tomorrow and will check to see if it arrives and then, today we also popped in Whsmiths and was looking at the diaries and wanted but he uses one of mine I used to have so thinking rather than buying a new one I will get a diary insert for him with note paper, and he can use that, and have bought him a calendar for his room in Epsom, that comes with a diary. I got this from, The Card Factory, and because he loves cats, got one which has pictures of kittens. 

Tomorrow we are off to Guildford, to celebrate my step dad's and my Sister In-laws, birthday and my son has wanted to travel by train to Guildford, and thanks to my mum, this is happening and they have a Christmas Market on, I think and so will be a good day too.

So, my son is in bed and I am going to watch a bit of Youtube and perhaps TV and then go to bed myself ready for tomorrow. 

Many thanks for reading,


Carrie X 

No comments:

Post a Comment