Sunday 24 December 2023

Its good to visit places local and non local

One day to go and got everything and now chilling. I like to take it easy on Christmas Eve and like to have all my shopping done. There has been times where I have left it to the last minute, but I can't bear that now. 

I hate the mad rush, and the busyness, and get fed up of people bumping into me. 

Picture I took of Wimbledon Common 

Yesterday we had a meal in a pub near Wimbledon Common, called the Crooked Billet, because they have a cat, and of course my son loves them and is a nice pub but the food wasn't that good. I had a Crooked Billet Burger, which was fine. A bit red inside but was okay, but my mums meal wasn't that good and neither my step dads, which was a shame, because it was my step dads birthday. 

There other pubs near Wimbledon Common, and in Wimbledon Village which has shops and coffee shops, and Paul's is good but always packed. However the coffee is always delicious and they do donuts with chocolate inside, and in the summer is good as you can sit outside, however as said it is always busy so need to be there for when it is open in the mornings.

I have often walked via the village, as from there you can walk down hill to Wimbledon Tennis court and to Putney, and is nice to walk that way. There are often events on Wimbledon Common itself, and in the summer a good spot to have picnic. 

It is good to visit different places and spend time in your own towns, if you are not able to travel all the time. Of course it depends on where you live, and off course there a people who are fleeing off to find safety because of the danger living in their own soil, and makes me feel lucky to appreciate what I have around me. 

This year travelling has been difficult because of the industrial action and engineering works and faults, but when it is working, it is good to spend time in different places. 

So, going to enjoy the rest of the day, and will be blogging tomorrow, so have a good Christmas Eve no matter where you are or where you going and stay safe.

Many thanks for reading


Carrie X 

No comments:

Post a Comment