Monday 6 November 2023

Starting a new week ahead

It another Monday, how happy do we feel? I used to dread Mondays' especially during my school years and wished fo  the weekend to expand and have an extra day off school. I do still get a little dread, because Henry going back to school, and this morning he kept saying he didn't want to go, wanted to travel up to London Waterloo. 



He also wants to walk from London Waterloo to Ashstead, so he can walk and pretend he is a train. 

I am glad that he wants to walk, but I know that once he sees how long the walk is, may change his mind, but with kids sometimes it is good to do want they are asking, so they can see it, and if he wants to do more walking then I am going to embrace it. 

Today I am in waiting for a delivery to arrive and that is fine, I do like days where by I stay indoors. I do like getting out, but homely days too. 

I feel that you have to have that time to recuperate, and because we had a busy weekend, I do like the week to have a day getting computer stuff done, use my husband's treadmill and doing indoor errands like washing up, and now I am listening to an audiobook, Atomic Habits and have a break watching Youtube. 

In the mornings I no longer watch Youtube, but there was a time I'd get up and would be on as soon as it was the morning before I took my son to school and is a bad habit, especially when I am supposed to be getting my son ready for school and so now will watch it when my son goes to school and after I go out for a walk and run errands. 

It is limiting it so I enjoy it, but not the first thing I want to do, and then I would listen to music at night time and before I got up, and would get up late, and be wide awake at night, as it stimulates the brain, that can effect your sleep, so it is cutting back and not a priority. 

I much rather go for a walk during the week in the morning and watch the news programmes and making sure my son has his breakfast, gets dressed and is ready for the day, and myself and focusing on my son going to school, and then I can begin my day, and do my writing and watch Youtube that is motivating, but taking breaks from that too.

When it comes to social media will check this a little through out the day, and going through my emails and just having a good productive day, moving and getting my tasks I have planned done. 

So going to get some of my book done, see if the delivery arrives so I can do a walk on the treadmill and work on my book, which is my main priority in terms of my writing work, and then focus on other things, and just kick starting my week.

Many thanks for reading,


Carrie X 


No comments:

Post a Comment