Monday 1 April 2024

Are you a quiz master?

It is another Easter Weekend over and it has been good just to chill and play outside, thanks to the weather. It is good to spend time with family and it was a good Easter Egg hunt, but I found the questions hard, one of the reasons that I feel relieve that Henry has no longer has homework because my knowledge is not always good. I am bad at quizzes. Sometimes I get a question right, when I watch The Chase, Tipping Point or Pointless. I can see why when it comes to University Challenge, that it is bright University students because I have trouble with pub quizzes. 

My son's writing saying Happy Easter 

Noone would ever want me to be on their team. Sport yes, dancing yes and TV, depends. 

There are people who for a living like the chasers, are professional quiz masters and study a lot of subjects. 

I was good at the Wheel of Fortune, Family Fortunes and so a game show I am a lot better at, but anything where you have to think fast like The Chase I struggle. I would be alright with the second round as I am better with multiple choice. Quick fire questions, no. 

One of my friends has actually been on The Chase and didn't win, but someone who is super confident, she says she was nervous wreck and I would be. I can't do catchphrase, I never get it, and I remember as a kid there was a lady knew who got to a letter to say that she got a place to be on Catchphrase. I am not sure if she actually got to be on the show, as often with quizzes and game shows there is a selection process as so many people apply to go on them, but I think it is inspiring when someone you know does go on a quiz or game show. I would be a nightmare. 

I remember their used to be a quiz called Blockbusters and were students and targeted a young and old audience and I would be amazed at these youngsters on there because I was not academic and would say to myself "How do they know that?"

Are you good a quizzes? and have you been a quiz show on TV? Please share, I love hearing these stories. You can leave a comment below.

My son is off to a holiday club, but still a sleep which is rare and so will need to wake him up soon, but it was a really busy day yesterday so glad he is getting more sleep which is not often.

Many thanks for reading,

Carrie X 


No comments:

Post a Comment