Sunday 31 March 2024

Summer is upon us

Happy Easter to you all! My son with his dad went to get their haircut but wasn't open but I was glad I had some time for myself, and wrote this blog about it:  http://everyonecanbuildacastle.com/2024/03/31/putting-yourself-first/ 

Putney one of the towns I like to spend some time and where the Boat Race starts 

I got up early as I do now, check out my previous posts where I have written about this habit I have started and went through my diary and wrote some tasks down and updating my google calendar and had a nice bath, sorted out the closet in the guest bedroom, and played football with my son in the garden, and edited another chapter of my book, called When Mothers are Real and got two chapters to do and that will be the 4th edit done. 

It has been a good productive day and gave Henry his Easter Egg from me, which he was happy about, and tomorrow we will be going over to my Wimbledon and doing an Easter Egg hunt. It is a good time to get together and it is nice to play out in the garden and glad it is lighter now. 

Oh and instead of doing a shopping haul this month for the Food Bank, I made a donation instead. If you'd like to do this too, check out this link: https://www.trusselltrust.org/get-help/find-a-foodbank/

I hope this means having to put on layers of clothing as it has been nice. When it comes to the summer it is good to go for morning walks, go to a splash park. They often have one in Wimbledon Park. Sadly the cafe they had their is no longer there, so pack a picnic, but there is still the playgrounds, tennis courts and you can even play volleyball, and they often have events there too. Last year we went to Pub in the Park, please check this vlog on my Youtube channel, Typical London Gal: https://youtu.be/YkDOauaiJBY

It is good to get out and enjoy the sunshine and didn't realise yesterday it was the Boat Race. This Race has been going on for years and is top event between Oxford and Cambridge. I love watching it, but didn't think it would on so soon. 

Then there is going to a pub and having a pub lunch outside or a coffee. I may do this whilst my son is at his holiday club do that and go to Wimbledon Village, as they have some nice coffee shops and sit outside. It is good to have a BBQ and have a gathering of friends. If you have a birthday this time of year when it is warm, have it in a park or in the garden. My nieces did this last year and was were really good days, and was lucky with the weather, living in the UK. 

Anyway I am going to enjoy the rest of the day and will be back with a blog tomorrow. Please remember to subscribe and this will help to write things that you'd like for me to write about and can leave a comment below. 

Many thanks for reading,


Carrie X 



No comments:

Post a Comment