Friday 19 April 2024

Trying to find a good school for my son

End of the week. I am feeling the tiredness of a busy week. Yesterday I shared my apprehension of my son going to an afterschool club and I did walk there. It was a fare distance but glad I did it and my son was happy and the teacher running the afterschool club said that he is very good at football and so feel relief and looking forward to the same next week. 

Picture on my walk I did to collect my son from school

I feel so thankful, that I can walk and that my son has now joined a new club that can cater for him as he has learning difficulties, and will help him make more friends and he still wasn't super tired and wanted to continue to play, so had to prompt him a lot to sit down and chill.

Today my mum and I are checking out a secondary school as we've been advised to choose one this year before he is in the sixth year at his Primary school, he goes to now. 

It can be daunting and being that I have only one child, because my son has changed primary school, three times because they couldn't cater for him and his needs. 

If you have tips, please share. You can leave a comment below. 

At his school now, they really do what they can for them to get so much more out school, like doing swimming lessons, he was awarded star moment on some sentences he did on World War 2, and religious studies and now an afterschool club. They really cater to the children's wellbeing. 

Teaching children is hard, because all children are different and require different needs, and have a lot of patience. My son not now at his school, was holding back and not showing what he can really do, and shied away from some of his teachers because he wasn't spending time with other children, when he would get 1 to 1. Now he is taught with other children in smaller size class, and its taken three schools for this to happen. 

It wasn't our choice, it was the schools and the local authority. His EHCP wasn't updated for his second school by his previous one and so when we read over it with my mum who works in education, they changed it and found out that his teacher at his second school hadn't sent it from his previous school. 

Now though he is progressing in the right direction and in a school that has matched his ability and feel somewhat better about his education. 

So will see, and if you have experienced the same and wouldn't like to share then please do. 

Have a good weekend. I will be blog again on Monday. 

Many thanks for reading,


Carrie X 


No comments:

Post a Comment