Friday 12 April 2024

Being on time when it is okay and when it is not

It is Friday. The end of the week and got up when my alarm went off at 6am. I would have liked to have woken up sooner so going to as of next week set my alarm to 5:30am, just that extra bit of time makes such a difference. 


When I would work in a call centre I would make sure I set myself enough time to grab a drink, set up my computer and my notebook and other tools I needed, way before my shift began and would walk to work living in Epsom and Wimbledon, which would grow my motivation to make sure I got things done and rarely late. If you are looking for work remember time keeping is so important, and that you are reliable. 

There are those that would turn up twenty minutes late and then get a coffee and it would really bother me because it meant I had to cover for them, and would take the mickey with their time and not thinking of their co-workers which for me is so important. 

With children it can be hard, but even if I hadn't slept well would still show up and get what I needed done and if there was a chance I'd be late make sure I called the relevant person to let them know I was running late and make up the time. 

It is on the flip side good to have people in your life who are always late if there is no specific plan as it is good to not have to rush and just have a round about time. Example meet between 1 to 2pm, and let those waiting for you know, that your gonna be late. If you are meeting outside a pub and they contact you to say, that they are running late, go in and find a table before they arrive with a drink for them for when they arrived, and enjoy the evening. 

I would make sure that I had food on me when working or meeting friends if not eating out and buying food out, all the time, it can get expensive, so would take a sandwich, a tinned fruit or crackers, because working on an empty stomach found that my concentration would be affected, and so would save me time so I wouldn't be late and do it the night before. 

Time is money and so remember that your being paid to be there and by customers who would call and it is not fair that you have taking call after call because of someone being late and it is unprofessional and you will be fired for it.

It is stressful on your part because your getting told off, when if you are on time you will be left alone to do the job you are there to do. With friends just keeping touch and if you need to make changes to the time and place, to keep them informed and more notice the better. 

What is your view? Leave a comment below.

Many thanks for reading,


Carrie X






No comments:

Post a Comment