Thursday 21 March 2024

Remembering the places I love that give me so many wonderful memories.

Today after meeting my mum for lunch today, which I enjoy and wrote a blog to today about this morning and feeling anxious about today like I do when I go somewhere. https://everyonecanbuildacastle.com/2024/03/21/i-just-needed-my-coffee/



I took the bus back, the 211 from Victoria to Fulham Broadway and to travel back to Epsom, and I love going down these roads, as I spent a lot of time there as a child, and was bought up around Chelsea, Fulham and Hammersmith. It brings me so many brilliant memories. My mum and dad are from Chelsea and knew other people who lived and was bought up in Chelsea and would get together most weekends and were such good fun, as we would go on holiday with them and looked forward to them. 

When I went to Secondary school in Westminster would meet up around there to the cinema on Fulham Road that is close by and would have McDonalds down the kings road, look into the shops and there used to be a restaurant called the Chelsea Pot, and travel back from school by bus, and would do a sight seeing tour with my friend Laura, and wish I had been more thankful for those days. 

I thought back then, that this would be my life forever and imagined still travelling with those group of friends, but that wasn't the case, but you don't know always what is going to happen and why it is important to live for each moment. 

So much has changed as many of the people who lived around Chelsea now have moved and so lost contact, and thanks to social media I am now contact with some of them and liked to thank them for those fantastic holidays and days out we had. We would go camping with them and to Rye in Hastings, as my dad played in the pub team where we would meet up with those friends from Chelsea and Chertsey and I love where I come from. London does have it poverty like other cities, and so I hope this can change and build better communities and support for people to keep the cities alive and living, and stop local businesses shutting down and build them up, to keep them clean and help the homeless and families struggling, aswell as other places out of London. 

If you would like to be kept up to date with these blogs I write daily, then you can by following me. 

Many thanks for reading,


Carrie X 



No comments:

Post a Comment