Monday 11 March 2024

Going away for the weekend

I am back, been away for the weekend, celebrating a friends birthday and was a good weekend. It was in Bognor Regis which is a seaside place and the southern coast of England and has a town and there are some good towns nearby like Chichester, Arundel, Worthing and a train ride away from Portsmouth and Brighton. 

Bognor Regis, English Coast 

There will more trips this year, and really like having a weekend away. I want to explore more of the UK and so going to plan and enjoy going on trains and buses and see friends and also family. 

It is good time to unwind and I filmed a little bit of it. We were lucky with the weather, and was raining a little this morning and windy but still walked around, and love visiting the tourist type shops and bought some nougat and fudge. We didn't go into the arcade, but went out to the pubs and restaurants for food, and caught up with friends we haven't seen for a long time. 

For me, I just need that time. 

Time to chill, journal and reflect on life. 

I like to walk by the sea. I like to read without being called to play football and rugby. I love my son and being a mum, but I also like time for myself and he was with his grandparents, and went to the rugby and spend time with family. I caught up on sleep and didn't have to get up so early and have someone else cook. 

On Saturday we didn't in until Sunday morning after 1am, but is was so worth it. 

The hotel was the Royal Norfolk Hotel by the sea, and nice breakfast and room. Not out of this world but I have stayed in worse and it was a bed, had TV and free tea and coffee. 

I do prefer self catering accommodation, and we were booked to stay at a caravan park, but it was closed so found the Royal Norfolk Hotel at last minute, but will look to stay in a little cottage next trip by the coast and take our son Henry. 

So, there will be more trips and so will share. I do have a Youtube channel. Typical London Gal

Many thanks for reading,


Carrie X 




No comments:

Post a Comment