Wednesday 13 March 2024

Cons and hackings, please be careful

I watched the documentary on TV channel ITVX and it was about Belle Gibson and oh my word. Let me know if you have seen it too. It really made me astonished that she would lie, after lie and misleading people, and got away with it for such a long time. I still got to finish the second episode of it, but wow, unbelievable. https://www.itv.com/watch/the-search-for-instagrams-worst-con-artist/10a2547

It shows how the world has evolved and what anyone would do to con people because they want to live a lie. She looked like she had no remorse over it. I wouldn't do it in the first place, as I couldn't live with myself and it is unforgiveable. 

I was scammed last year by an email that was making it was Paypal and they were going to take a payment from me and ended the call, and someone took £600 from my bank account, for Studio and I never bought anything from them. I was called by someone saying I had a parcel from amazon, which I hadn't as, at that I hadn't bought anything from amazon, and it just awful feeling when that happens. 

If you have experience anything like that too, please share. You can leave a comment below. 

There are programmes that talk about cons and hackers, and what extent they will go to, to take someone's identity and money. I do like doing online banking but I use my phone, but also going to the bank. 

This is why I check my bank account everyday and go through what's coming out and what is going in. 

I talk about managing my money, on my Youtube channel: (5) My Way of living - YouTube

Buying things now has become easy, but so has scams and hacking, and on my honeymoon we got conned doing a scratch card, and it was to get to buy timeshare, and it wall all on watched dog, and we paid a £300 deposit and it only when we got back we realized it, and lost £300 but on the going on the Watched Dog website, gave details of how to cancel and so be aware. https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/articles/2DQwStWpWjfYJQprQFN70TS/watchdog-on-the-one-show

So please be careful of who you follow and remember you can block people on social media and a bank would never email you or call you, so if you get a call making out they are the bank, are from HMRC ignore.

Many thanks for reading,


Carrie X 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment