Thursday 28 March 2024

Making good food

Hello, so as of now as my son has finished school for the day, the Easter Holidays have begun and so means planning lots of fun. Tonight for dinner we are having picky bits for dinner, which I haven't done for a while and really looking forward to it. 

It is a good way to use up the food you have and making kebabs tonight, Chicken and beef, along with Nacho's, dips, carrot sticks, breadsticks, pitta breads and got dessert too. 

I made homemade chicken nuggets yesterday and was a great success and feels good to cook again and want to make more. 

If you want the chicken nugget recipe then check out this link here: https://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/chicken-nuggets

The one thing you can do, which I have done is have a folder of the recipes, and tweak them, so use spices and instead of chips we has mash potato, and my son and husband had beans and I had salad. Oh and don't by the cheap lettuce from Waitrose as I wrapped it up but being day 3 it started to be inedible, and so won' be buying again. 

I bought Easter eggs and if you want some tips then check my video here:  Planning and budgeting for the Easter Holidays (youtube.com)

We went to ASDA's and there wasn't many to choose from and was going to go to Home Bargains but my mum said that there wasn't any cheaper unlike last year so have to make do with what I got. The price of everything is really going up and I think next year will be going homemade again. 

If you have any recipes of meals you'd think I would like to make then please do. You can leave a comment below. 

So going to go and make dinner ready and will be blogging again tomorrow, so have a good rest of the day. 

Carrie X 

No comments:

Post a Comment