Thursday 14 March 2024

Travelling into London

I took a trip up London today, to meet my mum for lunch, and it was good travelled mainly by bus and did some walking and love the view from the bridges of London, and walked over Vauxhall Bridge, and seeing Battersea Power Station, gives me so much pride. 

This is no taking down other cities, as would love to visit more cities in the UK and the World, and experiencing different cultures, but I feel you should be proud of where you come from, and I love being a Londoner. 

There were some odd characters in Victoria, where I went for lunch with my mum, and seeing people living on the streets so sad and we should look afte
r those that have no where to go. 

What can we do about those who are homeless? I did give money today for a guy that was raising funds for the charity Mind, and do buy food for a local food bank, but wish I could do more.

My mum was saying that there is a hostel, any many are staying there, and are drinking cans of beer, which is not going to help, but what else can they do? Yes we don't know their circumstances are, but its not nice for them or other people, and so it is coming a pandemic. 

I saw a guy as I was crossing the road from Vauxhall Bridge to Vauxhall Bridge road, eating beside the road, another laying down outside McDonalds in a sleeping bag as I walked along Victoria street. Then on the train, there was a woman with a bit of writing on cardboard, and I would give money, but it is hard to know who is genuine, and who is not. 

When I was a kid, we often had what we called them, "Tramps" and would hang around the subways, asking for money, and I remember there was a woman with a fir coat that would ask if you got any money and I remember when she saw my mum, asked if she had any notes, instead of spare cash, (coins). 

I have been there, where I been shopping and didn't have enough money, so had to cancel some items and it was so embarrassing, and humiliating. I been in debt, a few times, from using credit cards, and overdrafts. 

Please check out Youtube channel, My Way Of Living, where I talk about managing my money, and I avoided my bank account. There are families struggling to live, and relying on others to have something eat and keeping a roof over their heads. People in this day and age, should not have to rely on donations, and able to live without fear and heartache of not having a place to go to stay safe, and warm. 

let me know your thoughts. Please leave a comment below.

Many thanks for reading, 


Carrie X 


No comments:

Post a Comment