Monday 25 March 2024

Getting up early has boosted my energy and helped my sleep

Wow today went so fast and got up about 5am and feel alright. I since getting up at around this time, that I have a lot more energy and get a lot done. I posted my weekly cheat sheets I create each week, check out blog sites Everyone can build a castle and The Parenting Adventures tips and tricks, and did a walk on the treadmill and worked on the books, planned for the week and so will keep reporting on how it's been affecting me since this has started, because it naturally happened.

I used to hate the mornings and would take me ages to get to sleep and then wake up the next day and have suffered insomnia all my life, and would wake up between 3 and 4am and when I would try to go back to sleep would have a terrible nightmare. As you get older your body and your sleep can change and get your sleep under control can really make a difference to your daily habits and how you feel when you wake up, and your feelings.

I hated alarms and as a kid it was my mum would sing to us, to wake us up (we my brother and I) and neither my brother nor I wanted to get up and I often would go further down the bed under the sheets hoping she'd forget and could stay in bed and wanted it to be possible to hibernate through the winter. 

It would amaze me how people can sleep through out the day as I was never able to unless I was unwell and when I began working it changed, and of course when you have a job and not school, it can change your sleep pattern, because like school you couldn't be late, as you can lose your job, as it is important to turn up on time and often found it hard to switch off, to get a good night sleep, when it was bed time again. I would dream of work and feel I hadn't been asleep at all. 

I would think in the morning as I was super tired still think "Tonight I will go to bed early" but that never happened and would play out on the housing estate where I lived, and food, TV and now android devices it can affect sleep and reactivate your mind, and still be fully awake come bed time. 

When I worked at a holiday camp, and would work split shifts I would then sleep in the afternoon, but I would get disorientated and would wake up startled thinking I was late for work and only to see that it is the morning especially in the summer when it light early morning and the afternoon. 

So now I am going to get on as soon it will be dinner time and get ready for evening so will blog again tomorrow. 

Please subscribe if you'd like be notified of my daily blogs as soon as they are posted and hoped you have a good rest of the Monday. 

Many thanks for reading,


Carrie X  


No comments:

Post a Comment