Thursday 17 February 2022

Visiting different parks and places in the half term break

All day been thinking it is the weekend and not in the week, so when a UK TV programme came on, The One Show I thought "What today" as it only comes on in the week, not the weekend. 


Today it was Bocketts Farm and even though it was raining in parts it was a really good day. 

These kind of places you do have to pre-plan, because it was very muddy and have shoes that you can change into afterwards if your worried about your car getting covered in mud. 

The other thing is food, there is an indoor Kiosk and an outdoor one to grab a coffee and a sandwich and have fresh foods like chopped carrots and cucumber with a dip, but I would next time bring a packed lunch. 

Going at one o'clock was a good time as a lot of people booked the early entry time and then go home early so less queuing. 

It does get booked really quickly so plan for that, I booked tickets last minute but would book when there is good weather for an early slot as I could see it being extra busy during the Easter and Summer holidays.

Chessington World of Adventures was open, but when it is raining it could be so over booked that queuing for rides can take a long time and so I like to go to such places outside the school holidays if possible. 

I have some peace at the moment as son has gone to do a Tree Trail, and I am trying to fill in some forms but not all is working so decided to watch some Youtube and some writing whilst these issues are rectified.

I used to work for an entertainments company that sold tickets for theme parks and so would get a free tickets and it did make a huge difference in my pocket. Now I don't I am going to working for kids holiday club and looking forward to it.    

Last year when Henry was at his first Primary school he did join an after school club and it he loved it and holiday club. 

I think with Henry is an only child, he misses other kids to interact with and so is on a playdate today and with Bocketts Farm he had made a friend. Kids will form their own friendships and as a kid myself I had a best friend that I will play with and saw each weekend and we still in touch now through social media. 

I did write a blog about Bestfriends and going to find it to link it. 

https://wordpress.com/posts/everyonecanbuildacastle.com?s=Bestfriends

When it comes to squabbling though you have to be on guard and you will get people not wanting to queue for rides and push in, and Henry did this and so had to stop him and he did wait but often he needs reminding. 

Whatever bad habits your son has, nip them in he bud straight away as I want my son to have good manners and behave. It is a bad habit pushing in and a pet hate of mind. 

So four more days and the half term break is going to end and the normal school run will be back into play and then the next one is the Easter Holiday when I will be working. 

Many thanks for reading, 


Carrie X 


No comments:

Post a Comment