Wednesday 23 February 2022

School Days and Dream Jobs/Bringing new things into your life

I am back after waiting for my son to return from school and he keeps telling me that he was waiting for me to see him at school but I didn't, and this made my heart sink. 

This was because Henry's dad picked him up a week before half term as his taxi driver that takes him to and from school had an appointment and been worried because I haven't picked him up from school. 

Today I did a Make up and chat video and I don't want to do these weekly as I know it can be boring for some so gonna post these and do these fortnightly. 

I am due to do a another video so this will be done on Thursday and one I haven't done in a while, and I have a video for my Educational Network channel. I talk about working at a Holiday Camp and what the life is like when you do. 

It was such a good experience working at a Holiday Camp as it is a different world of its own and you basically living and breathing when on camp, but I am glad I have those memories and happy that I got the chance to follow my dreams in wanting to work at a holiday camp.

A job shouldn't just be a job, but something you truly care about and you have the right attitude. I would find myself getting annoyed when guests would come into the restaurants last minute, but I would remind myself that they've paid to be there and are on holiday, and are paying my wages. 

I need these people so I can buy food for myself and to keep my job. I experienced bad customer service and when I would get a last minute call when working in a call centre, reminded me I need these people ringing to help but so I can put food on the table. 

I am a believer if you want to work in a industry you dream of, you have to go through the motions and build with each stage. I know it can be hard talking to people all day as I would find difficulty talking after working, especially in the call centre, even though it wasn't the job I wanted to do for the rest of my life, but needed it at the time. 

It was through working there I got introduced to the online world and building a website and so glad to be part of the blogging world. I had to take these steps to find the work I love doing and now in the last week been wanting to do other work apart from my writing and now got some work in a Holiday Club and potentially working in Mental Health. 

I write down in my one of notebook to work in the mental health and educational setting and now I am going to be doing that. I want to do these to help build my knowledge and expand my blogs even more.

Many thanks for reading, 

Carrie X  

 


No comments:

Post a Comment