Tuesday 15 February 2022

Half term fun and places to go to have lots of family fun

So first day of the week of half term and it is a mixed one as Henry was playing up. and he is with his dad tonight and back with me tomorrow and took him swimming and we had a really good time.  

I was a bit anxious over it because in case Henry ran off but didn't and had a really good hour of fun. 

I would encourage other parents to do the same. When I was a kid a young lad from whom I knew through my mum and dad drowned and it was so sad that it is important to help my son to be safe in the water. 

He does swimming lessons at a local school but today we swam in a local gym and if you have a BETTER GYM near you check them out as it really is affordable and worth trying as they are funded by the local authority. 

Tomorrow we are heading back to the gym because they have Softplay in there and great for when it is wet and rainy outside. 

I like to do different things each school holiday and writing about them. I am so grateful I get to experience these different places for Henry as he has good memories to look back on. 

Life full of fun and laughter is just what you need, and when you go to a different place, and do things you wouldn't be able to do in school term, can make a huge difference.  

I'd like to take Henry up into London and check the markets out, but been told they aren't very good anymore, yet in Surbiton last Saturday we sat by the river and saw boats, planes and helicopters and was nice in the sun but got a bit cold towards the end, but would love to do this in the summer time. 

You can take boat trips along their to Hampton Court and back. There is a good fundraising walk you can do, called the Thames Path challenge. My mum and I did this one year and was a great one to do. 

There are 25k or 50k walks you can do. We did the 25k. 

Today I did feel a bit annoyed with some girl that jumped in the bus queue, and so told her off but was acting as if she didn't hear me and had no mask on. I hate ignorance.

That is what puts me off from going is people who are so rude and that they should always go before anyone else, like the bus, not the fact that others have queued for longer and we (the other people standing there) were the first to ones to be there. 

This is why I would take time off to not go out and see why my dad would often come home unhappy after being out to the shops, but left happy and now I see it for myself.  

There are people that have time to be courteous and those that just don't care and will always push in queues and not say thank you when you've opened the door to them, or let them go first knowing they have waited, and take no notice. 

On Wednesday I am taking my son to Bocketts Farm and brilliant place to go, because they have a softplay there and outdoor parks with animals and my son loves it and had asked me if we could go there, and we are and I will film whilst we are there. 

I do have a Days in a life video to come documenting the half term and clips that Henry can watch when he is older. childhoods should be full of happy memories, that in 20 years time he can still smile about.

It can effect my self confidence sometimes when it comes to filming, so if you hear me speaking quietly when I do my days of my life, that is why.

I will link the video in my next blog once they are edited and uploaded. I do have few Youtube Channels: typicallondongal Carrie Lee Holmes, mystylewayofliving and carrieseducationalyoutubechannel

I have booked to go swimming again on Friday, and thinking about doing this as a regular thing we do each week. 

Oh and I go the Playworkers role and so be working for a holiday club for kids and really looking forward to it. 

So more to come, and thank you for reading my blogs on this site, I do write on several platforms, so check out my Pinterest for details: https://www.pinterest.co.uk/thetypicalLondongal/


Carrie X 

No comments:

Post a Comment