Monday 19 September 2022

Such Memorable event/Queen Elizabeth II is laid to rest and be with her family one final time

Today it was the Queens funeral and had a bouts of wanting to cry but held it together. I think the Royal Family kept their dignity and been so focused on making sure they held themselves together. I know there were a few moments, like in Ireland that I didn't see but saw on Youtube, my mum talking about it, where King Charles had issues with the pen he was using to sign, but we all get agitated, and he has had to take on a lot. You can't underestimate what it means being the King of England and be in charge of the Commonwealth and he is human. 

There were moments where it looked like he would cry, as when they lowered the coffin in St George's Chapel, he looked red faced and sad, and when I see a man crying or sad it gets to me more, than a seeing a woman get upset, and I got to say when Queen's coffin was being lowered, got to me too, but I held it together. 

I tried to stay strong at my dad's funeral but it was at the end that final moment to blowing a kiss to my dad in his coffin that got me and I let it out. Death is hard to think about and you know it will happen to us all, but it still means it is devastating and I think all in all the whole event has been memorable and seeing people travelling over to England to see it, has hit home to me how one person can bring people together and that is what has happened and been very peaceful. 

I know there have still been some sad events, like those Police officers getting stabbed, but it hasn't taken over and shows what work the Police do to help stop crime. Seeing the soldiers shows how organized the Royal Family and their staff are, in making sure it all goes to plan. It did, and will be an event that kids will be able to tell their kids one day and that she could be the last Queen of England many of us will ever know and now we have a King. 

It will be a long time before we see a Royal Wedding again, and it was enlightening to witness this week events leading towards the funeral and the way people have queued to see her and I hope there are more good times ahead and that we welcome King Charles III to continue on Monarchy and more celebrations, and less funerals. 

RIP Queen Elizabeth II God Save the King.

Many thanks for reading, 


Carrie X

Typical London Gal  

No comments:

Post a Comment