Tuesday 20 September 2022

Reflecting on the Queens Funeral

It is Tuesday the 20th September 2022 and want to reflect on the Queen's Funeral and filmed a chat video which I am going to edit tonight, talking about the funeral and going to film, as it works better, in the mornings and so really was an amazing seen. All those soldiers and the way the Royal Family conducted themselves, was just incredible and so glad I watched it and did feel a sense of loss, when her coffin was going down in St George's Chapel in Windsor, with the bag pipes. Just so final, and I really had to put effort to hold myself together as it reminded me of when I tried to stay strong at my dad's funeral and the final moment blowing a kiss at him in his coffin, which was closed, but it was a feeling "This is really happening and he is gone". 

Having to carry on after that was hard and really was moving and Prince William and Kate's children, George and Charlotte were fantastic and honestly it couldn't have gone any better. 

I still having fully digested it and feel a little like, "Did that all really happen?" and feel like it will be a long time to adjust for it to register, and feel that it reminds us all to have a life full of fun and adventure and feel the Queen did that. She did have her hard times like we all have but she still did her duty and never forgot who she was. 

A lot of people wanting to see her laid to rest in Westminster Hall marked how she was admired by others and for some of us the last Queen we will ever know and I know many have said this and I have too in yesterday's blog but it's true. I had to pay my respects and glad I did. It felt like it was my duty as an English born to do so as she was my Queen in that I will find it strange for a while having a King, and keep the monarchy going. 

Many thanks for reading, 


Carrie X 

Typical London Gal 

   

No comments:

Post a Comment