Tuesday 13 September 2022

Sharing my thoughts about losing a parent

So it is a new Tuesday and I feel tired already with the getting up early this week. I have been doing another training course and so won't be blogging or vlogging much this week, but I will try. 


I want to film a parenting video and so if not filmed in the week it will be at the weekend and want to do a skincare one too, so got many videos planned. It was good to go up London on Sunday and want to do the same this weekend, but there will be a lot blocked off getting nearer to Buckingham Palace, but thinking about going up to the Southbank in London, so my son gets to see the London Eye, which he is obsessed with. 

It still feels a bit strange with the change of monarchy and that the Queen has passed away. It is always strange when someone has been in your life for a long time and then that's it, but like I said I am going to think of it as "She's putting her feet up at last" and still with us in spirit. 

I remember when my Nan died and it was such a loss, because she was the last of the generation of that side of my family and took a while to adjust. She was a massive part of my life and was the centre point on that side of my family. 

When you lose a parent it can be such a blow. I never got to see my dad before he died and it still hits me sometimes, and wished I had a chance to see him again, but he is with my nan no longer unwell, because speaking to my brother who did see him, told me and he knew Henry my son, I just wished that they had met. 

I see a lot of dad in my son, and seeing pictures of when my dad was a boy, Henry does look so like him and have told Henry about him. I was writing letters to give to Henry when he is over so going to do a new one for him. Kids can be so unaware of life events, such as the passing of relatives, that it is still important to talk about it and explain it to them.

So I am going to finish and I am still doing my Autumn Reset, where I like to sort out my life for the new academic year and there are a few videos of that on my main channel, https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUDFIqjVKLy7NhtcR6Hy0Tg and my blogs are on my site: https://everyonecanbuildacastle.com 

RIP Your Royal Highness Queen Elizabeth I God save the King. 

Many thanks for reading, 

Carrie X 

Typical London Gal 

No comments:

Post a Comment