Sunday 11 September 2022

Paying our respects to the Queen and now we have a King

Today, Sunday the 11th September 2022, me my son, my mum and step date went up to Westminster, London, to Buckingham Palace to pay our respects. I do have some videos to go up, but feel bad putting these up now but I will be add a tribute to the Queen as put it together and I will do a chat video soon and will let you know when this is up. 

It feels strange still, seeing all of the events over the Queen passing and King Charles becoming the King and seeing the other members of the family looking at the tributes made. How do you deal with grief as it feels that there is no such thing of having a day off, being a Royal and have to be professional all of the time, yet they are still human and going to celebrate the Queens life and going to have Henry my son send a card to new Monarchy and give him our support. 

This I feel, has bought people together and it was nice seeing William and Kate with Meghan and Harry yesterday at Windsor seeing the tributes and speaking to the members of the public and really marks how we as a nation and the world, feel about these change of events. 

Noone ever knows when someone is going to leave this world, and neither did the Queen but they do prepare for it and have done so, but it is still hard and heart breaking at the same time. As a kid I got to stand in the grounds of Buckingham Palace, once with my mum's school, where she works, which was my Secondary School, but this was before then, and it was the Trooping of the Colour. I don't remember it too much, but saw the Queen and other members and feel so happy that I got to witness this event and the Queen even visited my school Grey Coats. After I had finished my secondary school, but my mum got to meet her and are memories that is a once in a lifetime. 

My son wrote the Queen this year, to congratulate her on her Platinum Jubilee, and he got a lovely card from her Majesty and something he can treasure for years to come. 

I do feel it is important to talk to your kids about the Royal Family as people travel from miles to see them and so is something to be proud of, as an English Girl and a Londoner. 

So lets celebrate our Queen along with her son The King. 

See you soon you highness and God Save the king. 

Many thanks for reading, 


Carrie X 

Typical London Gal    


No comments:

Post a Comment