Wednesday 10 January 2024

The issues with medical care in the UK

So today has been good, and been focusing on my books I am writing, and building my knowledge, on social care, and watched a really disturbing video, which was filmed some years back of people being mistreated in care homes, and was part of my training I did yesterday and it was so upsetting.
Don't get me wrong, I think there are good carers and Support staff out there, who do do a good job, but it is watching via a episode of Panorama, showed terrible maltreatment and finding out that one member staff abused an elderly lady that had dementia, was given 18 months in prison and sent back to the country he was from, so could still continue on hurting someone. Deporting yes, but should in my opinion given a tougher sentence.



I spent sometime in a Mental health hospital and was prescribed medication that caused me not be able to move and had to have help in going to toilet at which some of the staff were unkind, yet due to my NIMO nurse, as soon as they could see I was having terrible side affects, lowered it and gave me a medication to help stop the bad side affects and did very quickly got back on my feet. There was good members of staff my NIMO nurse, was lovely and brilliant, and thankful for her help, and care.

How do you find the right people to care for those that are vulnerable? You can do the checks you like, but it is like GP's. My sons surgery, trying to book an appointment, we don't contact them all the time, as luckily he doesn't always get ill, but trying to see the doctor is merely impossible. The last year he was unwell and was getting a temperature, tried to make an appointment, only to be told we need to go to A & E, but didn't want to do that, because of how busy our A&E department is, where my son lives and had to push the receptionist to get an appointment and luckily got seen by another clinic that was open, and found out he had tonsilitis.

Then you have that nurse that was killing babies in the NICU. She was trained and qualified, yet was murdering babies, and yes now she serving life, but why did it take for loads of babies to be killed, for her to be found out and charged? I hope there can be lessons learned and make sure there are cameras, and people at the top watching. 

Let me know how you feel. You can leave a comment below. I hope these issues can be stopped.

Many thanks for reading,

Carrie X  

No comments:

Post a Comment