Tuesday 14 May 2024

My son first trip away

I am pretty nervous today. My son is off to his first overnight school trip and been packing and getting his stuff ready and pray that it all goes well and that he is safe and enjoys it. 

He does suffer with separation anxiety and I have the same for him and so its going to be tough when he doesn't come home tomorrow and that he has everything he needs. 

If you have any advice between today and tomorrow or for future trips, then please leave a comment below. 

Being a parent you tend, from my own experience to wear you heart on your sleeve, because you want to wrap them up in cotton wool and be cocooned, but you have to let them go and live their own life. It is why I will still read to him before bed and cuddle because these moments won't last forever. The time goes even faster too and forever going through their clothes, selling on eBay or Vinted, because they grow out of so much. We were lucky that I had family who had kids before my son Henry was born, because it saved us a lot of money and now I have clothes and books to sell, and give to someone else's child to get wear and use out of them.

I needed advice so faced timed my mum who gives me so much support, and tomorrow whilst he is away going to fit a new set of curtains and bedding for when he gets back, and hope that he likes it. One of the things he finds hard is change. He likes to wear the same tops and bottoms, carry the same bag and so I hope that he is happy about it and not feel fear, which I think is part of it because he likes routine. 

He will be finishing school soon and so will be showing him what he will be taking. He can be lazy and not want to carry his own bag, and so he will need to do it and when he sees the other kids do this give him encouragement to do the same. I have to put his name on labels to make sure he knows to repack it once he has taken out an item. Kids will lose clothes and leave behind something, so will be making sure that there will most of his clothes and stuff that he took with him. 

I will be packing him some snacks and a book to read. 

The one thing he keeps asking is if he can take is tablet but not sure if they will it and if it goes missing and leaves it behind, mean that will have to buy a new one which not going to deny, can't afford it so, will be a no from me and that the less he takes the less likely he is going to forget to return. 

So have a good rest of Tuesday and will be blogging more tomorrow. 

If you would like to be kept up to date with my blogs then please subscribe. 

Many thanks for reading,


Carrie X  


No comments:

Post a Comment