Wednesday 1 June 2022

Writing about a historic event and how I feel about the Platinum Jubilee

It is Tuesday and I am trying to get enough done before I am on half term duties and spending time with my son. I am going to take Henry up London, and so I have written a blog on my blog mystylewayofliving 

Now it is Wednesday as I continue this blog and so today, I took Henry up London to see the Jubilee decorations, but I was a little disappointed and felt it was not a lot and was just Union Jack flags. but still I am not going to feel down, and tomorrow there is a flypast, and this is always fantastic to see. 

It was also my son's dad birthday and my nieces so was out celebrating, at my nieces home and had some fun playing a new game UNO. Really good fun. I really miss not playing cards and would do this all of the time as kid with my grandparents. They were fun times and I miss not having grandparents. I had a proper set of grandparents and spent a lot of time with them. When my nan died, she was the last one of that generation of our family to die and it grew a hole for me. I still dream about going back to their studio flat they lived in Earl Court, London, but noone is there. 

I am filming a day in a life video of this week, and celebrates 70 years of the Queens rein, and it is good to be alive to see all the celebrations.   

I want my son to see it all, so when he has kids, if he wants to have children. Seeing people cheering and having fun is what nearly got lost due to Lockdown, but in saying that, it has also pulled people together. The efforts that people went to, to communicate to others, like the Body Coach, he did workouts via social media to help kids exercise. It was getting families involved, and come together even more. 

I hope this week is full of happiness and joy, that everyone can remember this week for the rest of their lives. 

Many thanks for reading, 


Carrie X 


No comments:

Post a Comment