Friday 3 June 2022

Celebrating 70 years of our Monarch

It is Thursday and to day I took a trip up London again to see the flypast, for the Trooping of the Colour and went to the Southbank London, and we had a really good view. It would have been nice to see the Queen at the ceremony of the Trooping of the Colour but wasn't, but glad we were able to see her on the balcony of Buckingham Palace, which I saw when I got back home.

When I see people from all over the world visiting my home town, London, I do feel like "That is my home and I am proud of it". 

We, my son, and my mum and step dad walked from London Waterloo, along the Southbank to London Bridge, where you can visit the Borough Market, but it does get busy there, so if you don't like huge crowds of people, then it is good to get there early. 

You can get a lot of different street food. We went to a pub which has also a cinema for a bite to eat and you do get a good portion, but can be pricey so it is good to save and plan ahead when eating there. Yet there is a lot of option, but again the restaurants and bars along there can be super busy. 

Tonight is the light of the Beacons and so half watching Sheerluxe and started watching the rest of the Queens Jubilee, and looking forward more tomorrow. It means staying up late and not getting a lot of sleep as I have my son with me and he is an early riser, but I want to enjoy each day of the celebrations, because I won't get to experience this ever again, so don't want to miss a thing. 

I hope you enjoy it too. 

Many thanks for reading, 

Carrie X 

No comments:

Post a Comment