Sunday 5 June 2022

The Platinum Jubilee Celebrations and how good it has been the entire week.

It is Friday and heading into a new weekend. Tomorrow it is street party time for where I live and really looking forward to it. Not had a street party in years and so going to enjoy it. I planned last minute and so today, visiting Sainsbury's early and I picked up some scones, jam but no clotted cream. They had sold out. 

There seems to be a lot of shelves not being stocked up still, and wonder if they are still have troubles in lorries not deliver some items. It goes to show what an impact COVID had on things like supermarkets not having a lot of items. 

I am glad that we have some normality back, and can sit down in the park as they had inspectors telling you off, and could only walk around, but not sit on any of the benches. I felt a little a bit stuck and I hate staying in and do like getting outdoors. 

I feel that I needed this week to arrive, to bring back social contact and having time just enjoying other people's company. It is hard to not hug your friend, you've not seen in a while and it had a impact on, not being able to have a birthday celebration with anyone. I think of all those elderly people, stuck in their homes alone. I think we are all happy to be able to sit in the sunshine and have play dates again. 

It is now Sunday and spent my Friday watching the St Paul's Cathedral church service and the Street party on Saturday was fantastic. Some of the music that was playing was a bit off, but not all, and they hired and ice cream van, did a tug of war, which I took part it, sang the national anthem and did a treasure hunt for the kids. They even had trampolines and a space where the kids could play football and my son rode his bike around the street. 

Now I am on my own as my mum and my step dad took Henry back to his dads. I have filmed a week in a life and so glad I did that, as it will be good to look back on, in years to come.

The concert lastnight was terrific, the whole lot and glad to have watched it and enjoyed the music and the speeches, it was a real good tribute to the Queen, and glad to have gone up London to see the celebrations too, like the flypast and part of me wished I had gone to the concert too. 

Still it was brilliant and still buzzing with excitement and I hope you enjoyed it too. 

Many thanks for reading, 


Carrie X 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment