Wednesday 16 March 2022

My son and school/Too many schools for one child

It is a new week and already got a lot of things to do, and got a lot of things done. This week I have to buy a Comic Relief Merchandise for my son to wear at school as it is Comic Relief this Friday and have a video consultation with my son's teachers, and so will be good to find out how my son has been doing. 

I get quite nervous about hearing how my son has been doing at school, as we have heard negative reports before that, like swearing, being disruptive and hitting and biting, and with negative feedback I feel so bad for that. I know the teachers are just doing their job, but I can't feel butterflies in stomach when we find out how he has gotten on. 

This school he is at now is his second and yes, he will now be chosen to go to another school, like we don't have enough to deal with already, with making sure he does his homework, got enough uniform, checking emails from the school. reports and yet he will have to be at a more special needs school.

It is a long wait to find out what school has been picked and really all schools in my opinion should support kids with special needs because they promise that they will do all then can, and if we don't go with the local authority choice we can lose our transportation that will help to take him to school. 

How is a child supposed to get a good education, when the school they are going to keeps changing?

They put it down to funding, and another school can get more funding to support our son. It's like gambling, unsure. We have met the head of the school Henry my son, could be going to, but it isn't definite. 

So we are hanging on a loose thread, and I feel it is like "Like it or lump it" attitude when he is there build his skills for the future and he isn't far from being ready for secondary school. I feel we just have to sit back and except what they can give us, which isn't really helping us being his parents. 

I'd like to hear if you are a parent and having the same issue. You can leave a comment below. 

I do write two parenting blogs on Wordpress.com and the links are below:

https://theparentingadventurestipsandtricks.wordpress.com

https://theparentingadventuresthebirthofmyson.wordpress.com

Many thanks for reading, 

Carrie X 


No comments:

Post a Comment