Monday 17 June 2024

My Dedication to Football

So England won, and I was not enthusiastic as I began to watch and Serbia were firing on all cylinders and not a side to underestimate, so won by the skin on their teeth and so next it is Denmark. 



I developed an interest in football because of 1990 world cup which I have shared before, and do like the game, I just find that we don't take any risks when they play and need runners of the ball and I suppose I should be a bit more supportive and that they are only human too so will not get carried away, but be more cheerful about it. 

When you've seen a lot of times where we just, like turn up and not qualify, but perhaps I need to stop reminiscing and that they are different set of players and that we have gotten close and that they will do better than what we are expecting. It is a sport so someone has to win or lose and not everyone is going to show up or just play well and just unlucky and hope Scotland can forget their first game and do well as expecting and boost the English and Scottish game.

Sometimes you just have to get on with it and so going to wait and see and that if it is a successful tournament for both Scotland and England, then who am I to judge. 

How do you feel? Are you optimistic or just wait and see with me? 

You can comment below. 

I remember my dad he was into all sports and loved football and would moan a lot about it and sometimes I have to get a hold of myself, that I am being just like that and that England has no chance in hell in winning, so will take every game as it comes. 

Perhaps I should play as I am listening to music as I write this blog, the England Song The World in Motion and be a bit more cheerful. 

I would not stop singing this song at secondary school and my friends and I would go into the WHSmiths in Sloane Square or in Victoria Station, and whilst my friends would look in music magazines and teenage mags, I would check out the Football mags and I did have a super crush on Glen Hoddle from when he took over as manager of Chelsea, and buy all the football mags that had a photo of him and suspect that I had more pictures than he did. 

Paul Gascoigne was one of my favourite players along with Gary Lineker, John Barnes, and my most favourite player is Gordon Strachan and yes he is Scottish but was unstoppable when he played and never stop running and would be so fast with the ball that he made it look so easy to run with the ball and even when the rest of the players weren't doing well, he still would try and get a goal and took a long time to knock down and was a regular target for players who tried to stop him. 

Who is your favourite player? Again leave a comment below.

So lets see. 

Many thanks for reading,


Carrie X 


   

No comments:

Post a Comment