Monday 17 October 2022

Taking on a hobby

Today I went to see Henry, my son do his horse riding, and I did take pictures, but because the protection of the other children there, not going to share, out of respect, for the other children, and for safety reasons. 

It is good to have a hobby as a kid and I did write a blog and did a video talking about it: https://theparentingadventurestipsandtricks.wordpress.com/2021/06/07/truth-about-parenting-having-a-hobby/

These lessons are taken by his school, but would like to do lessons out of school, so going to put him on the waiting list. 

I used to have hobbies like dancing and was something I looked forward to each week, and it can really help meet new people, and form new relationships, and lead to more opportunities. I joined a singing club when working in Hammersmith and went once a week, but because I got a job working at a Holiday Camp had to give it up, but was really good fun. 

For some people like when I did dancing had to pay to do it, but you can do hobbies that cost nothing, like going for trial walks or running, dancing in the living room learning a routine via Youtube, I have done this when looking for workouts I could do indoors, bake a cake of course you need ingredients but use already cake mixes. Some may frown on this, as I suppose it is cheating, but do something you and your family can enjoy, and cooking a recipe from scratch with your kids, can help with fussy eaters. 

I think learning new skills is great for the mind and feelings and helps to get in touch with the world, and it can really help with your confidence. 

My brother used to play football and now plays rugby. I did charity runs and walks and want to get back into doing that next year, as they such fun and good for Adrenalin and again confidence. Getting the medal at the end is worth it and raising money for good causes, and you can strangers cheering you on. 

So, what hobbies do you do? Leave a comment below as if you know of some good runs and fitness classes please recommend, it will mean a lot. 

Many thanks for reading, 


Carrie X 

Typical London Gal  


No comments:

Post a Comment