Wednesday 25 May 2022

What to do when it is raining during half term (UK Yearly Holiday)

It is Tuesday and even though I woke up seeing drizzle outside, and now just looked the sun is out. I try not to worry about the weather, but did have an image of today, sitting in the garden where my son lives and do some writing outdoors, with a lovely cup of coffee.

I have some errands to run, but that should not take too long. When it comes to errands I like to do it bit by bit and not all at once. Life is not about rushing about, getting here and there, but having days that make you smile because of the weather, people who have greeted you good morning, that rarely happens now, but is a good when someone does. 

I am currently filming a day in a life, because it is the last week before the kids are off, for half term and so want get bits done, because I might not be able to get it done due to school holiday. It means planning days out, but I think looking at my calendar I have two days to spend with my son, so going to take him swimming and then to soft play. 

There are many cost effective ways to have fun by checking out your local sports leisure centres because they often will do, depending on the company. places where you don' t need a membership but book as you go. Better Gyms have many gyms around, (this is not sponsored), and are easy to use and is a good option if the weather isn't any good.


You can still take them out if it is raining, but if it pours then it is indoor activities. Example: I made a crown with Henry yesterday for the Platinum Jubilee and for school, and why not do that at home too. My son loves to play with his Tipping point machine, and why not get some cards to play matching pairs. My son  has Dino Cards which are brilliant to use, and magnetic darts and make into a competition, and why not have your kids, create a flag out of paper and sticks to celebrate the Jubilee. 

You can decorate paper plates to celebrate with lolly sticks, or one thing they did on my estate would make badges, and jewelry and it was really good fun. 

I do write a parenting blog https://theparentingadventurestipsandtricks.wordpress.com  If you'd like to check it out. 

I am also doing a Life Coaching programme "2022 Project" to help you have a better life and better year and can be found on my site, https://everyonecanbuildacastle.com I am also create videos too on my Youtube channel: https://studio.youtube.com/channel/UCUDFIqjVKLy7NhtcR6Hy0Tg

Many thanks for reading, 

Carrie X 

 



No comments:

Post a Comment