Sunday 14 August 2022

Being part of a crowd

Hello and welcome to my daily thoughts and feelings blog. It is Sunday and today I went to my first Rugby League match in what is 15 years, and it was good to see them, they were playing in Plough Lane, where AFC Wimbledon play, and they won. 

Check out my Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/p/ChP6cofrFKt/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

I hoped to see anyone from when I last went to watch the Broncos, but not anymore, and it is a real shame as it was such a great crowd of people and so much fun. 

I would go to away and home games and did face painting and with a friend of mine, started a Supporters club Newsletter, and me and my friends would have a weekend away and go clubbing afterwards. 

Having got married and become a mum, life took over and have to settle that these old times were then and this is now. I would like to go again, and would like to take him to see AFC Wimbledon, as I have gone to a match before when they played at Kingstonians Ground.  

You've got to have fun times and I did in my teens and twenties. I was part of a crowd and was instantly welcomed to the club, and watched the London Broncos, when they became the The Crusaders. They played in a tiny ground called Barnet Copthall in London, and was a trek to get there but I didn't care. 

Life has many beginnings and things change and that is what I had to deal with as I do feel sentimental about the days when I would spend my weekends watching Rugby League, and loved the beginning of the day getting my rugby shirt ready, and when I lived in East Sheen and they played at the Stoop in Twickenham would walk there and met my friends and we'd all walk together to get ready to watch the matches. It was a massive part of my life and glad that I got to spend time doing this. 

I'd encourage others to do the same, follow something like a sports team, it can be such a good environment and great way to meet new people and make new friends. 

It is all about enjoyment and doing something different in the week or weekend, as it can get boring doing the same thing everyday. 

So go on make the most of your life and you never know where this can lead to. 

Many thanks for reading, 


Carrie X  

Typical London Gal 

No comments:

Post a Comment