Tuesday 25 January 2022

Supportive of other women and men/Lets feel good about ourselves

I am back at it today early and feel energized today. I feel that some goods things will be happening this year in terms of working and feel that I have the correct mindset and so things can only happen when you view things differently and be more positive about life. 

At the minute  I am watching a fashion channel on Youtube that I discovered yesterday. It is good and as I have kept watching I have been working on my own style and is inspiring.

I do feel that some take Youtube audiences for granted and I was not sure if I felt keen in watching people criticize peoples image, as it is what suits you and feel that does not help if you feel pressured. What to I like the catering to different shapes of women and I have often felt square shaped, but it means having some fun with your clothes and experimenting. 

As we reach February there will be another newsletter and a challenge and I want to talk about fashion pressures and how they can work in reverse and not help at all. 

I have followed the advice though, its just I have had confidence issues as a kid and now I have reached a transition in my life, where I like what I wear and feel that it now makes me look at myself in a new light and not in the old way, NOT GOOD!

For me it is what mood I am in, quite often, and how much time I have to get ready, but I like the clothes and fashion I have. Am I over analysing, probably I just feel this hint of pressure and feel negative again, when it comes to looking at myself and feeling I can't even get dressed without being wrong. I like women to look real and not all done up all of the time. 

Fashion does help me to feel good and happy in my own skin, but feel often I need to hide when I look in the mirror I know the lack of confidence is me and that I should use the videos about fashion to inspire and not knock me down.

Is it worth it in finding the colours that match you? I say yes because I do have certain colours that I always go for, like light pinks, greys some blue and and white. I do dress in black sometimes but not all of the time, and feel colour is my niche and want to be wearing more. 

There was a moment where I was wanting to be a personal shopper as I do like buying clothes but because I for a long time lacked confidence I would need to work on myself first. 

I don't want to be looking at myself all the time and feeling down by it. I want to look in the mirror and say  "You aren't that bad and do look good". That for me is a massive step and one that has taken time but now I don't avoid mirrors or cameras and feel "I am like the way I am" its what God had made so why knock it. 

When it comes to women I hate it where there is cattiness and sniping at each other. We should support one another and help other women thrive and that is what I want to do. I want people to embrace themselves, and look at themselves and feel good in doing so. 

When I worked in a contact centre and for a holiday camp there would be a lot of women against other women including some people looking at me to put down, but I kept myself away from it and glad I did. 

I remember when the Spice Girls was introduced into the world and they created girl power and a lot of mums then moaned as they were being seen as a bad influence but they showed that just because they are women doesn't mean they are no good and changed it a lot for women and should not be seen as the second gender in the world. 

When Karen Brady came into light, there was a lot of criticism and I did feel a pang of jealousy as she was the first women to be a Manager in football and that was something I wanted but actually it was admiration and sent a positive message in that, just because football was even back then, as "A Man's Game" made it that girls can be involved in football too, but I remember a magazine putting her against another woman who was a manager at Blackpool football club. 

Women can be as sexist towards men and women, as you always get those women who likes men but not other women and that's when cattiness comes in and that you don't fit with her circle, but I would keep away anyway as I find it can be contagious being against other women when no we need to help and protect one another. When I was a football coach it was one of the mums that was very sexist saying I should have a man to help me as I didn't have a big enough voice and I remember like "What?" and it was a mum who would really be critical of her son and see that noone talks about other women being sexist and that it is just men, when I beg to differ.

I would like to see what your opinion is and have you witnessed cattiness and sexism by another woman, you can leave a comment below. 

Please check out my Pinterest of more content I write and I do write other blogs. 

Check these links out:

https://www.pinterest.co.uk/thetypicalLondongal

https://everyonecanbuildacastle.com

https://organize4thebetter.blogspot.com

https://stylishmamma.blogspot.com

I have also written books, and so check these out by visiting amazon.com and will be under the names, Carrie Challoner, Carrie Holmes and Carrie Lee Holmes. 

Many thanks for reading, 

Carrie X 

No comments:

Post a Comment