Wednesday 26 January 2022

Changing habits to improve health

So today I went for my doctors appointment because my Cholesterol being a little high and gonna to get it down via diet and the nurses handed me a leaflet that has all the foods I can eat and others I can't, written under different colours.

A lot of people on TV and Youtube have promoted Coconut oils, saying that they are good for you yet looking at the leaflet handed to me, was in the red. So this means, stay clear of and it goes to show how, when it comes to foods and food substances, are not good for you as it would have you believe. 

I do eat healthy foods like my vegetables and love them and this is from a girl that hated a lot of food as a kid and so your taste buds do change, but I had to confess to the nurse I do eat a lot of chocolate and tried nuts and seeds instead and so gonna stick this leaflet of the things I can have on the wall in my bedroom and to stay on track. 

I talked in my last blog about pressure and this is the same with food and diet, but I know I have the right mindset with myself, to get a hold of it, and be disciplined enough to make sure I eat better, and not go for the easy foods all of the time, like my downfall is Angel Cakes and biscuits.

The one thing I know will help it is for me to stick to doing my home workouts and do more walking and take myself on days out during the school term as I could be working during half term so I want to make the most of my time. 

I love going up to London but seeing there have been protests kept myself away as I like to be able to come and go as I please without being mixed up within all that. 

Not saying I don't respect the protests, we all have beliefs and so if you want to be heard this for people is the only way and as much we deny it, they do help the world revolve. 

Having high cholesterol it means to that I will have to change my mind habits and I talk a lot about habits in my blog site: everyonecanbuildacastle. I now instead of having a coffee as I not long had a hot chocolate whilst travelling back doing the school run, have a glass of water instead and know I can take my time in doing so.

I have checked that I can still have my two coffees in the day, but no more than that, but not have them one after the other, and because I treated myself to a hot chocolate as I don't all of the time because of the sugar, know that it today will be one coffee for me for the day. 

I have also been trying to get my energy levels on a good balance and trying to do this by taking supplements. l take iron, vitamin D, Garlic, Iron and multivitamin. 

Since taking these I have Good news, in that, they are working and so not gonna rely on caffeine  all of the time. 

Dieting is a word I have battled with for a long time and so want to bring it to a good level and in turn a good balance. I want to be running again and going for long distant walks and miss not doing so. I know in order to do that, I need to manage my health and wellness a lot better. 

This can also be under self care as I do neglect myself in terms of getting my hair professionally done, not painting my nails, dehairing the hair from my body and have reading time. 

Being a mum it is important to set a good example and would love to go on a walk or run with my son with him on his bike or walking with me too. He doesn't always want to do this but making it fun I know that I can win him over, and again love taking him up to London to visit different places. My son will protest a lot when it comes to going for a walk but when he sees he can run riot doesn't want to go back indoors. 

The places I love to walk is in London along the river and the national parks and surrey too like Kingston, Richmond and Hammersmith to Putney. 

when it comes to changing habits I like to do this gradually and this year I am keeping away from Crisps as I have found I don't need them, yet I used to it about 4 packs a day, I now read again before listening to music and then going to sleep. I know some may find playing music at bed time to be frowned upon, but everyone is different and I do respect that what is good for one person doesn't mean its gonna workout for the next, but sometimes you do have people that can relate and share the load of changing something in your life. 

I got the idea of writing these blogs by writing on 750words.com and so will posting a blog everyday and I would love for you to like this blog and share and this will keep me on track on what to talk about and with other ideas of content. 

Please check my three youtube channels:

  • typicallondongal
  • mystylewayofliving
  • carrieseducationalyoutubechannel 

I do write other blogs so check out my Pinterest site where you can find more content for me:

Many thanks for reading, 

Carrie X 

No comments:

Post a Comment