Friday 30 August 2024

Coming to the End of Summer 2024

 Today is the last day of the Summer School Holidays and it has been really good. I have 't felt that stressed and it has flown by. I find that the years go even faster as you reach your mid age and so everyday is another day to add to my life. 


I am realising that it is okay to just stop and just be quiet and I love having the TV off whilst I read and I have read a lot this summer and some really good books which I will share via blog, My Books and Stories 

My son loves his holiday club and that grateful for having some time to myself and just stay local some days and do bits I don't always get to do, like watch documentaries as I don't always have access to Netflix, Paramount or Prime but thinking of getting it on my laptop because I am loving the documentaries. 

Today my son took is scooter to one of the local parks, met my mum for a coffee, then my son wanted to go on a bus and train ride. So we took the 164 bus from Wimbledon to Sutton Station and looked around Sutton as it has been a long time since we last visited Sutton, and there is a shopping centre in there now with Primark and some really nice coffee shops on the ground floor and will be taking another trip there as it was a change and then got the train back to Hayden's road and then later had some food in All Bar One in Wimbledon. Tomorrow we are going to meet Henry's dad to get him some new school shoes, then back to Epsom and then it is school again. 

Do check out Eastbourne as it was such a great trip and will be returning and now my for the first time doesn't want to go to school as he has enjoyed himself so much and feel very lucky in that we have family who can take us to different places and going on the train to Portsmouth Harbour, walking from Strawberry Hill to Richmond, check out my previous daily blogs. 

So it is now Friday evening and so going to stay up for a bit longer and then it will be sleep time and been getting bits ready for my sons return to school that I am little nervous, getting things prepared for my son's returns to school, like sorting out his lunches, his unform, his transport and send my sons videos of him reading, that was asked and he has done well and making changes so he reads more challenging books to help with his learning and that he continues to develop his skills and building his independence as this is his final year at Primary school, and we (my mum and I) looking for secondary schools. 

There are more blogs to come and I hope you have had a good Summer, by having lots of fun too.

Many thanks for reading, 


Carrie X 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment