Monday 9 September 2024

The National Health Service in the UK

Oh what a day Friday was. My son had to go to the hospital because his heart rate was a bit high and found out that he has a chest infection, and thankful that Henry managed to get an appointment and then was told to go to the hospital and glad I did, as he temperature was going up and down. 

My son this was a couple of weeks ago when he was well and hope he gets better 

Henry was so good, he got a bit upset as he wanted to go over to Wimbledon to see his grandparents but it was getting later and later so we went there on Saturday morning, and is antibiotics and just reminds me that never take chances. If your kids are sick call your GP or take them to the hospital to be on the safe side and to get an appointment you have to go all around the houses. You have to fill an online form and then they call you if you are able to see a doctor or nurse and relieved I got an appointment. 

It turned out that Henry has a chest infection and so on antibiotics. 

This means he will miss school as the doctor at the hospital said that he must rest and allow the infection to clear and that if it gets worse or doesn't seem to be getting better to go back. 

The doctors were and nurses were excellent and I don't think I could do health care as it is a very demanding job and they have deal with a lot. 

Many may see well they knew what the job involved, but we need doctors and nurses to help us when we get sick. It would be nice if the whole world and every thing in the world could be healthy but that isn't reality and that people get sick, especially kids. 

We've going to see the doctor at 10am so see how that goes. I am a bit nervous but that's natural because your kids are your life and glad that he can get help as many countries it is a lot harder and often enough don't have the resources like we do here. 

I watch Call the Midwife and I read the book and it reminds us how far we have come when it comes to hospitals and medical care. There have been reports of hospital staff doing bad things like there was a doctor who was injecting woman with his blood and was HIV positive and then there is the Lucy Letby and she was killing babies but you hear those cases and is news because most staff are caring and took my son back to the doctors today and was fine, but I bought some more Calpol and lost it so I had to go back, but my son he is a trooper and we bought some more but now he is chilling and rest is one of the best things. 

What experiences have you had with the National Health Service? 

You can leave a comment below.

Many thanks for reading,


Carrie X 




No comments:

Post a Comment