Thursday 5 September 2024

The Days of School

My sons second day back at school and noticed today that one of the local secondary school is open but later and it made me think about my school days. I dreaded it as they would make you do the beep test and do a run around the school, and at the time was one of the last things I wanted to do. 

This was food that my son made at school

I am from West London and my primary school was a school called St Pauls, which is in Hammersmith and my Secondary school was in Westminster and where my mum worked and didn't want anyone to know that she was my mother, because I feared I'd might get bullied, but actually it didn't and got a bit of respect because of it. The teachers however didn't know and it was only on parents evenings that they realised but wouldn't get away with bad behaviour as they'd go straight to my mum, so didn't always have its benefits. 

The school dinners I did not enjoy and very different now. With my son I pick the meals using an APP where when I was a school it was a canteen and you queued up unless you packed lunch with I did go on too because I did not like the school dinners and what influenced my choices and was super fussy. 

It is good that the meals are a lot better and my son was fussy but started to eat his vegetables again and there have been a part of the year where my son wasn't eating his dinners because he wanted chocolate. That has now changed and is now eating his meals again and not wanting to binge off of snacks. 

I know it has to come from me and my sons dad, to make sure our son is healthy but not depriving him in anyway. 

It is important to eat good food that you enjoy and I have been working on my own eating habits as my cholesterol was a bit high again, but no longer have diabetes and want it to stay that way and improve my health by eating more sensibly and that gives me more energy and not feel guilty. This was something I did a lot was feel guilty about food I consumed. 

Educating people/children about good foods and that help them get the right nutrients in their body is to be taken seriously and that they are nutritious and helps them to grow and develop and still having a treat or too but not all of the time.

So what were your school dinners like at school? You can reply by the comment box below.

Many thanks for reading,


Carrie X  

 



No comments:

Post a Comment