Monday 16 September 2024

Rugby Weekend/Watching Sport

So today was a normal one. After a week of sickness, my son had a Chest Infection, he returned to school and was a good day. I stayed in. The weekend was good. We went to Twickenham to see the England Rugby Ladies and they won. Then on Sunday my son went to his rugby club and I did my radio. My show is on Epsom Hospital Radio at 4 to 6 and so was good that my son is better and he got to see his school friends whilst I got bits done for the week. 

Picture I took on Saturday watching the England Ladies Rugby Team 

It good that the ladies get to play at the huge stadiums and they did have a good turn out. There were lots of families and my brother and his wife and kids went with other people we know. 

Rugby is such a great way to meet new people and I loved it when I would follow the London Broncos. 

It is good to see our international teams, men and ladies, because it so good to see so many people forget their worries for 80 or 90 minutes, depending on the sport. 

I never used to like football, but when I began to see how great it was, I became addicted and love going to see athletics and would love to go and see that again. 

The rugby club that my son goes to is an all inclusive team, which is for children with learning difficulties and of different ages and so welcoming and everyone is so friendly. Check out Wimbledon RFC and it took a long time to find one, but so glad we did. 

My son has ADHD and Development Delay and so he won't really make conversation but loves other children and want him to never feel limited in what ever he wants to do and life be restricting for him, to follow his dreams and ambitions. 

Sport should be for all and glad we have the Paralympics and wheelchair tennis and walking football teams and clubs. It is great for kids to have social interaction. Forming relationships and that my son is happy. He loves other children and we now on the hunt for a good secondary school for him.

This is taking its time but being that he is at his third Primary school, because the first two schools couldn't cater to his needs, don't want him to change secondary schools so is important that we find a school to help him grow. He is kind and will say hello but he will often be with himself and talk to his self a lot and there are people who can be unsure of him. 

He not overly naughty, but has bags of energy and gets to the point, he doesn't know what to do with himself and so it is good that he can go somewhere, where he can let off some steam and energy. 

Many thanks for reading,


Carrie X 




No comments:

Post a Comment