Sunday 7 July 2024

A Good Raining Weekend

It is Sunday and my son is already asking if we can go to the park which could potentially be wet and dirty and have bits to do and maybe watching my niece in a show and so feel like I just want to stop in to watch  bit of TV. 

My tempted on taking a photo over Kingston Bridge but the rain was pouring

We did go for a walk and almost got wet as it poured down with rain and hid under a tree and then wet back home and now it is the evening, we had a lovely dinner. We had Toad in the hole and was lovely and now up with a cup of tea. I did got to bed early but then my son wanted to do "Where's Wolly" book and so stayed awake and so had a new lease of life. 

I still want to get up early tomorrow like have been doing now but I find if I got to bed to early I feel more tired and my body suffers when sleeping for too long.

It has been a good weekend, watching the football even though once again was going to stop watching so it was a relief that England won and now in the Semi Finals of the Euros and had a chilled out Saturday, doing a bit of shopping and watched a documentary again, watching the Singer Pink and waiting to see Cyndi Lauper's. 

If you know of some more documentaries then please recommend. You can leave a comment below. 

We travelled back through Kingston and it would have been really nice if it didn't rain but still a lovely place along the river and a good way if you like walking to explore and there are restaurants and places to sit by the Thames and then there are boat rides. Just an idea for the Summer holidays when it isn't pouring it down. 

I love to write about those areas as they are really nice and is good to get out and watch the world go by and keeps my calm and at peace. 

It is good to sit with a coffee or tea, and have a picnic and just taking in the calm of the water and be with the world not allowing the business from enjoy your surroundings.

So if you come to England or London check out Kingston and along the river if you want to get away from the business. 

Many thanks for reading,


Carrie X 

No comments:

Post a Comment