Thursday 12 January 2023

No more strikes/Visiting places in London

So after last week the trains are back up and running and using the train today was good, and they were on time. When things like the trains go on strike it can cause anxiety of "How am I going to get home?" and "Will get to my sons home in Epsom on time". I go over to wait for him to return from school. 


My fear is to be stranded and not being able to get home and it is an unnecessary worry, that we shouldn't have, but when there are no trains operating it can cause my anxiousness to increase.

I feel we take it for granted when it comes to certain things like transport as many years ago it was horse and carts and so we are lucky when the trains are operating, to have these options. I do like the steam trains, because my son loves them and so took him on the real Thomas Tank Engine train and on old fashion trains and it is such an experience. 

Going on train is a nice change for me as I spend a lot of time travelling by bus, and so good to change my transport up and it a lot quicker and so going to make the most of it, as it is reported that more strikes are going to happen, and buses too, so I hope the issues around the transport we have in London and country gets sorted out. 

It would mean I can take Henry on more train rides and visit his favourite place, London Waterloo and I like it too and if you go at the weekend it can be full of stalls and food and book markets and there is often entertainment along the Southbank and is why it is a favourite place for us. 

There is a good place to go in Wandsworth called Gravity, and there are Go Carts, an Arcade for children and food and so will inspect more and will film when I do. 

There has been a huge development from Battersea onwards and would like to visit it, as when I was last there some parts had already been open and finished, so really want to visit again to see more of what is there now. 

So, lets hope the trains keep running and if you know of some good places to visit then let me know in the comments.

Many thanks for reading, 


Carrie X 

Typical London Gal  

No comments:

Post a Comment