Thursday 5 January 2023

What a way to start a new year/Strikes and other dilemmas

Happy New year! I really hope you had a good Christmas and new years. 

First day of normality back and was it quiet today, I think a lot of people are deciding not to commute, and to be honest I don't blame them. We in the UK are experiencing strikes and this seems to have a massive impact on human behaviour because I suppose it is easier to work from home, and so why commute if noone needs too? 

I feel that it is going to take a week to get back to normal, but once again like Lockdown many companies are going to be affected by the quietness of what we call "The rush hour". 

This year I feel is going to cause changes in society and I think it will be because of the strikes and the increases of prices and living. How can anyone get on if the strikes are stopping them doing so?

Is anyone really winning because of it? its just causing people to stay at home and not go to the shops and buy online. what's the point in travelling to work, if people are not able to? I have to travel to wait at my son's home for when he returns home from school, and I want to because spending time with my little fella is important to me, and people should be able to travel without this happening. 

I do believe that human rights are important but I feel again for the elderly who need care and their loves one not being able to travel to see them and I have noticed this week less cars on the road. This may change and suppose for the climate it is okay, but there are people rely on getting the train to and from work and now may have to spend another probably hour to more to get to and from work, and then I think about taxi drivers. How busy they have become with these strikes because where my son lives they rely on people coming out of train stations. 

So lets see what happens and hope that these strikes end and an agreement and people can travel again without the stress, and worrying about being stranded as this can really add to people who already worry a lot and trigger some real negative emotions. 

Many thanks for reading, 


Carrie X 

Typical London Gal   




No comments:

Post a Comment