Thursday 5 January 2023

The rush hour in a new year

So there is me writing about how quiet it is during the rush hour, I have just walked home from Morden in London to Wimbledon, because the bus was only going as far as Morden and rather than wait for another thought I'd walk it and the roads were super busy, so it depends on the time. 


Thankfully I will be getting a lift back with my son tomorrow from Epsom, that is in Surrey, as he spends weekends with me and so only got to do two bus rides or may walk to Morden or a place called Colliers Wood rather than getting two buses. For me every penny counts and I do save my change and if I can cut back on different areas like travel then so be it. 

With these strikes we are having here in the UK, perhaps it is best to do more walking, that has been one of my goals and going to stick to it as it really helps keep me stay healthy in body and in the mind. 

If you didn't know I am doing No Spend January and if you'd like to watch the video I did as my first one for this challenge, then click on this link here: https://youtu.be/8oFvnmZGZ4s  

This has helped me with my money buy using cash rather than card, and giving myself a allowance to spend and has controlled my spending as I am guilty on buying items because of price but not what I really need. 

I do have debts and so they are my priority and want to save to take my son on holiday, so I need to be more controlled when buying items and having an income for me to do that and save where ever I can. 

So it is time to call it a day and it is Friday tomorrow and still getting over the fact that Christmas has been and gone once again, and now in a new year. It takes me a while to adjust but feel some kind of normality and almost reaching a new weekend. 

Many thanks for reading, 


Carrie X 

Typical London Gal 

  

No comments:

Post a Comment