Sunday 6 October 2024

Celebrating Halloween and Guy Fawkes night

It has been a good weekend. We were looking for a Halloween costume for my son and managed to find a mask, a fork and black top, from Poundland and he already has bottoms and I have ordered a cloak from Amazon and my son is really looking forward to it. He has a Halloween mug and so got to myself one and find my witches hat and got a black dress and going to find myself a cloak and then see I can find a good and easy make up for it. 

                                             

My son wasn't always into it and didn't have no interest but now because we have a lot of decor and dressed up the last two years, he has grown in love with it. 

The same with fireworks night and he was very afraid of them and now he again, is now interested and I promised to take him to a display and so booked one that is being hosted in Morden Hall Park and is really looking forward to it and whether you believe in it or not, it is, I feel good to enjoy and if they find they don't like it then, that is fine, but having that experience as a kid, I feel is important. I love fireworks night. I grew up on a housing estate and they hosted one on what is called, The Square for a while but eventually that had ended and so the nearest display was Ravenscourt Park, but I think we went there once to watch the fireworks display and so it is only since having my son that we went to a display again. 

My nan never liked them, because of living through the blitz. 

As a kid I did do trickle treating around the Estate and that was because we knew many of the residents and were always accompanied by an adult.

They would have fancy dress at school and would each year teach us about it and on of the girls I went to school with birthday landed on Halloween and she shared her birthday with her mum and so was always celebrating it and I am glad I have those memories that has lasted me a lifetime.

I want my son to have happy memories of these yearly annual celebrations. 

So lets get our witches hats, cat costumes and ghosts or even vampire fancy dress costumes and use it to build memories for ourselves and for our children. 

Many thanks for reading, 


Carrie X 






No comments:

Post a Comment