Monday 30 October 2023

Need to work on my interview skills

Today I had a interview, to work at a nursery, doing relief work as I want to work in Childcare and healthcare to understand more about being human and helping children with their development and understanding of the world, and I always find it tough when it comes to the interviewer asking do I have any questions. 


The interview itself when well and do lose my trail of thought, but then I got back on track and felt I answered their questions well. The one tip I have been told is to, listen and wait for them to talk, before you talk. Never interrupt, and take your time answering their questions.

My thoughts on having the interview today is that, I wasn't told anything about the actual nursery itself and now could kick myself, as I could have asked, as I didn't get shown around, and was asked questions, and then it ended. 

I should have asked about the age of the children and dress code and their rules on working at the nursery as many I have worked at, have a mobile phone policy. 

However it is good to work on interview skills and it will be as and when they want me, so feel good about it as I can still build my online work, and be good to build my skills and work towards my career and help others to do the same.

Being a parent it is a job within itself, and there are good and no so good moments, like when my son wants something and he can't, example coming home from school he wanted to walk to Garfield park in Wimbledon and where we often walk at the weekends, but because we are in Epsom where his dad lives, it too far, and he will get upset about it, and often not understanding. 

Yet is is rewarding too, when my son wants to play football with him, have cuddles and walking together as it really benefits us both and we both get some enjoyment with it. 

So going to sign off now and I will be back with a new blog tomorrow. So see you then. 

Many thanks for reading,


Carrie X 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment