Sunday 3 April 2022

I was hacked/Be careful online

What a day so far. I have just been into Halifax because some hackers have used my card to buy items from online retailers, so I have had to cancel my card and get the money refunded. It sickens me that there are people who do that, and relieved in realising and getting it sorted out.

It has made me weary in buying online and from now on going to use cash rather then debit, and stop buying items online. 

I have had passed experiences and thought it wouldn't happen again, because I know what comes in and out of my account and now going to be more vigilant over where my money goes. 

How should we protect our money?

  • Check your bank account everyday and write down what has been debited and what you spent via debits and paid by cash. 
  • Never to rely on buying online all of the time, and look how you can save when buying items or spending online. Keep tabs on buying from individual sellers to make sure the items are legit and are what you have purchased. 
  • Make sure the lock symbol is in the tab bar at the top to make sure noone can hack into it, and if you have been hacked go to the bank straight away and speak to the fraud department of your bank. 
  • Be careful when outdoors and using your phones to buy whilst on the go, as you never know anyone on a bus or train for example can copy those details. 
  • Invest in a shredder and shred any paper work that has your personal details on.

So, I hope this helps you and please do be careful as it is such an awful feeling when you've been hacked and be aware of who has your details. 

Many thanks for reading, 


Carrie X 



No comments:

Post a Comment