Tuesday 9 April 2024

Spending time in London

It is now Wednesday and it is early but I have had a good nights sleep and got up to have my first cup of tea of the day. I have always been a tea girl, until I reached my 30's and moved onto drinking coffee.

Inside the Natural History Museum

Visiting the Natural History museum I was desperate for a coffee so after visiting the museum, went to Pret a Manger which is opposite South Kensington station, and there was a guy near to us, that was talking to himself and got up dancing, but doing no harm, but the Police turned up, which was disturbing. 

I do feel for those who have mental health issues, like I have had and have nowhere to go. He was not shouting or swearing, he was cheerful and I was a bit offish at first but then felt for the guy as some are just lonely and he seems to have a see through bag of belongings and why I donate to the food bank each month as a lot of people are struggling and do need to support people like him. 

Of course I didn't know his story, but he wasn't swearing or shouting. 

My son and I then went on a bus ride back home to Wimbledon and going passed places where I spent my childhood as it goes through Earls Court, Fulham and Hammersmith, where I was bought up. 

That is the one thing I love about London you can jump on a bus to a lot of places, like yesterday we got on the 74 that starts from Marble Arch and ends in Putney, and then we got the 93 bus from Putney bridge to Wimbledon, and then bus home, which was the 200 from Raynes park to Mitcham.

I find travelling by bus you get to see so much more than a train and there are tour buses which you can get on and off, and we did that a couple of years ago, or travel by Uber Boat. This was so much fun last year so on my bucket list of things to do again this year. 

So today we have a few plans. I am vlogging this week out TypicalLondonGal, so will be up soon. 

Anyway happy Wednesday and more blogs coming. 

Many thanks for reading,


Carrie X 


No comments:

Post a Comment