Tuesday 19 March 2024

Looking after my health and wellbeing when travelling

Today I have been for my yearly blood test to test my blood sugar levels and didn't know that it said on my form that I needed to fast, and the woman who did my blood test told me, I wouldn't have been told and have to read the form. Well what if I was blind I wouldn't know would I so should have been told, but still got it done, and it is also to check my cholesterol, and didn't have liver problems.

I hope when they come back are okay. It is always nerve racking, because you never know, but I have cut down on snacks and had a lovely lunch, Salmon and pasta. My eyes were bigger than my mouth but should fill me up until dinner time.

Soon my son will be home from school, and from when he goes to school and comes back the time goes so fast and so, separate my days. I don't like to be on my laptop for too long, but in different intervals. 

It feels so good to not be looking at a screen all day and will make my sons dinner. It will be bath night and then before I know it, it will be bed time again. 

I gave myself time to listen to some music whilst travelling today and like travelling by bus. I like to sit at the back and just look out the window and take in the journey. Travelling can be stressful, so having some music and watched a video coming back, made it stress free. 

The one asset I have is good time keeping. I hate being late and so avoid it. I preplan, by checking what I need to carry with me, bus and train times, and the weather. 

I plan like I did to day, to pick up bits I need for the day on route, and rather then wait until after my blood test, as I had to wait a while to get my blood test beforehand and then went straight back to Epsom to be in for when my son returns from school. 

I do feel sorry for those working in the NHS as it was just two people taking bloods today and you can't just turn up now because it would get so busy, so prebooked but it was still busy and do need funding to make less stress for the staff and the patients. 

Noone really wants to be there, but you have to go to look after yourself, and when I was a kid and had to go to Charing Cross Hospital in Hammersmith as it was near to where I lived and every time they'd lost my notes. There was a lady who arrived, was complaining about it and said how things were back when she was young, but watching call he midwife, they staff would still be off their feet, working to keep people well and didn't have the resources and so it needs help and hope it happens.

Many thanks for reading,


Carrie X 

No comments:

Post a Comment