Tuesday 29 March 2022

Anger and lashing out

It is the beginning of the week and all the headlines have been since yesterday is about Will Smith and the Oscars and I never really watch award shows, couple of my friends love them and watch every single one but not me. 

I do daydream about them, because my ambition is to have one of my books written to be made into a TV show, and picture myself winning a BAFTA or a Best Comedy Awards, but in terms of watching I like snippets, but not watching the whole thing. 


Anger is the strange thing, and for me it shows how when it is a celebrity that we forget they have feelings and they are still human beings. I think it reminds us about the times we live in now. We have to be so careful as to what to say, but that everyone should be allowed to show their anger. I don't condone to hitting someone, I used to do that as a kid. Yet as kid if someone hit me I'd hit them back. 

I would get into fights, but did they ever make a different?

It depends on who it was. I was a bullied where I lived as a kid in my neighbourhood and at school. 

They could be tough times and it did effect me. I have a book that I bought a long time ago about anger. With me I just explode that is why I don't like getting angry. I find it can take over your entire body. It can raise a lot of guilt. It can stir hidden feelings and make you shout rather than talking it through. 

When I have been angry I would often try and take myself out of the situation but that is not always possible. and, 

so, should you just sit and take it when someone is making fun of you, and you are offended by it? 

I have been picked on when I went to a comedy store in London, but I loved it and it was such good fun, that I never minded. 

However it can be in the way someone has spoken to you. I have often been in a situation where someone has spoken at me. This can feel like a personal attack. So asks the question, 

if things get super personal should you shout and scream?

It can be hard not to, as you feel the anger rising and rising. Boundaries do need to be set, and if you don't speak up, then that person won't know that they have done wrong, and when I was a kid and me and brother argued it would be all day sometimes, and run our parents down because of that, so I would could, go into my nans bathroom for example, and sit in the bath. 

So if you can find a spot where you can have some quiet then do it. 

Pull them over and talk to them in a quiet place to let them know that they have been out of order, rather than shouting. I know easier said then done, 

but do you want to argue for ever? 

It it is getting too much and you feel on breaking point?  

then situation needs to be sorted out. 

As a parent my son can often lash out. I do have to put this under control as he needs to know that it isn't correct way to behave, but just talk. I will meet him eye level and talk to him and go over why he is kicking off and see how we can work together to stop him having those feelings, and sort it out before he lashes out. 

Sorry is okay but if the person says this and does it again, then it's not sorry, it is an excuse for them to take over your own wellbeing. Boundaries needs to be set, and so make it clear that they are getting to you and they either stop or you will leave them to it and only will I talk once my son for example has continued on being misbehaving and being rude. 

You have to definitely as children can test our patience nip their anger in the bud, but still allow then to express themselves. 

So, what do you think? I'd love to hear from you. Please leave a comment below.

Many thanks for reading, 


Carrie X 


No comments:

Post a Comment